Ready to advance your career?
Programs at City Colleges don’t just help students transfer to four-year colleges and universities, they also prepare students with the knowledge, skills, and hands-on training they need to succeed in the workforce.
In fact, we offer over 150 Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs across our seven colleges at CCC, designed to help students advance their job prospects at any stage of their career. In light of February being Career and Technical Education Month, read about a handful of our CTE offerings below, and explore all of your CTE options in the City Colleges catalog!
Harold Washington College
- Looking for an entry-level position in digital marketing and social media? Or have you thought about becoming an accounting clerk? Harold Washington College offers CTE programs that can prepare you for either career in as little as 2-3 semesters.
Harry S Truman College
- From cosmetology to automotive technology to computer-aided design (CAD), develop the hands-on skills you need to start or advance your career with CTE programs at Truman College.
- Get trained in culinary arts, hospitality management, or baking and pastry arts in a world-class kitchen at one of the oldest culinary schools in the nation – Washburne Culinary & Hospitality Institute at Kennedy-King College.
Malcolm X College
- Malcolm X College is preparing the essential workers of tomorrow with Pharmacy Technology, Practical Nursing, and Community Health Care Worker programs, among others.
- As the cannabis and supply chain industries continue to grow, certifications from Olive-Harvey College are helping students find in-demand careers in both fields.
Richard J. Daley College
- Interested in computer-integrated manufacturing, robotics, or factory automation? CTE programs at Daley College are preparing highly-skilled technicians for high-tech careers in manufacturing.
Wilbur Wright College
- For those that have dreamt of working in the law field, Wright College’s Paralegal Program offers a pathway to a career at a law firm, corporation, or in another sector where related law work is performed. The college’s cybersecurity courses are also helping students develop the skill set they need to pursue an entry-level position in the industry.
Our CTE programs at City Colleges can be completed in as few as 1-4 semesters. If you’ve been thinking about switching industries or taking the next step to advance your career, apply to CCC today.