City Colleges of Chicago is pleased to announce that six of the nine Illinois recipients of the Jack Kent Cooke Transfer Scholarship are from City Colleges of Chicago — the most City Colleges recipients to date.
• Dalin Eap – Wilbur Wright College
• Renee King – Harry S Truman College
• Kaming Leung – Harold Washington College
• Amir Noormohammad – Wilbur Wright College
• Huan Phan – Wilbur Wright College
• Precious Taiwo – Harry S Truman College
This year, 72 students across the nation received the scholarship, which provides up to $40,000 per year to pay for tuition, living expenses, books, and other fees at a four-year college or university for winners to complete a Bachelor’s degree. More than 1,300 students from 370 community colleges applied for the award.
These students are showing the world what we already know – that City Colleges students are bright, determined, hardworking, and are able to overcome obstacles that many others do not have to face. It is also a testament to the faculty and staff who advised, supported, and taught these students along the way.
Congratulations again to the scholarship winners!