Jumpstart Your College Journey This Summer with Summer Start, Deadline is Fast Approaching—June 12
Get an introduction to college with other CPS graduates while learning and earning up to $1,000, and take a no cost 3-credit college class.
CHICAGO —(May 15 2023) – Students who graduated from Chicago Public Schools in fall 2022 or spring 2023 are invited to enroll in the City Colleges of Chicago Summer Start session where they can earn college credits and up to $1,000.
Classes takes place from June 20 to August 4 and to receive the full payment, students need to sign up, attend and participate in the Summer Start program, and also register for fall 2023 classes at City Colleges.
“Summer Start is a great opportunity to get a soft launch into college through a free course that also offers wraparound supports. Students also can earn up to $1,000 just for participating and enrolling in Fall classes,” said City Colleges of Chicago Vice Chancellor of High School Strategy Peggy Korellis. “Summer Start is also a good way for a young person to build their skills and gain confidence that yes, they can do the work.”
- The program, including tuition and books, is free.
- Laptops are available to borrow from City Colleges
- Students can participate in opportunities like mentorship, tutoring, campus tour, and social events
- Students can re-/take the English (RTW) and Math (ALEKS) placement exams
- Students will take a Math Confidence Workshop and Reading/Writing Workshop
- Classes are available at all seven City Colleges of Chicago
- Graduate from a CPS/charter/option school in Fall 2022 or Spring 2023
- Intend to enroll in City Colleges of Chicago courses during the Fall 2023 semester
- Be available to participate in Summer Start in person from 10am-2:30pm, Monday-Thursday and virtually from 10am-1pm on Friday
- Summer Start will run from June 20 through August 4, 2023